Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Homemade Ice Cream...and Beautiful Fellowship

It's weird... I had never really considered Memorial Day a holiday until I got a job. When you are working 5-6 days a week, a holiday can be a beautiful thing... In my case, I got the day off from work.

It was wonderful. Yesterday Grant and I went out to lunch at Applebee's, looked around at Old Navy for a little while, and then went our separate ways... After getting home, I planned to watch "The Invisible Man" dvd with Holly and Nate... but I dozed off instead... sleeping for a few glorious hours! Then at about 6:30pm Grant picked me up again and we went to Grace's house to pick her up. Then we went to Molly's house, where we met up with Molly, Jon, Nick, and Barry. Then it was off to Susie's house for dinner and homemade ice cream. At Susie's house not only did I get to spend time with the gang I was already with, but I also got to see Steven, Curtis, Nick B., Susie; (of course), and Mandy! It was a blessing. After dinner and homemade ice cream, Grant, Barry, Jon, Molly, and I went for a walk after dark. We ended up in a playground. It was a lot of fun. After playing on the playground equipment for a while, we all sat down together and ended up having a long conversation, which ended in prayer. It was special.

Ok friends! Leave me lots of comments. I want to hear what you did for Memorial Day.

No comments: