Tuesday, May 02, 2006

"Flight 93" films

I admit. I was one of those people who said that it was too soon for a movie to be created about the September 11th Terrorist Attacks. For many, it probably is. But late Saturday night, as I sat in front of the television set, I came across the "Flight 93" movie playing on A&E. Out of curiousity I thought I would watch "just a little", but ended up viewing almost the whole film. Although I can't tell if it was "too soon" or not, I can say that I was touched. I tuned in right about the moment when the terrorists were tying red cloths onto their heads, and I kept watching right until after the plane crashed. The only reason I stopped watching then was because it was nearly 2 in the morning and I was exhausted. What I did see of the film was very unique and very intense... yet very special.

These were real people who gave their lives for us. The film was very good at portraying the desperation of the situation that everyone was caught up in. Nobody was portrayed like Superheroes, ( as is typical for a movie with so much action) everyone was shown just simply trying to survive. And in turn, these people became heroes.

My favorite part of the film was the way they depicted Todd Beamer's dependance upon God. Though I am certain there must have been others involved in that flight who were also dependant upon the Lord. When Todd asked to pray the Lord's Prayer with Lisa Jefferson on the phone, it was neat to see how people in the background immediately grew awkward and then humbled.

If you think you are ready for A&E's "Flight 93" movie, please view it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting. So, with the release of United 93, there has been alot of talk about dealing with terrorism... I'd like to invite you over to www.u93.org to join in discussion, or just to better your knowledge on reacting to it. Thanks.